Monday, February 14, 2011

YOU'RE a dinglehopper

A word to the wise:

There is no such thing as "a quick trip to Dunkin Donuts" at 7:40am on Valentine's Day.

Especially not when there are 10 people in front of you in line, two people behind the counter and you are a good 7 blocks away from work, where you need to be in 20 minutes. Not the best choice.

::Sigh:: Whatever. I persevered and got my egg white flatbread and iced coffee (because it's WARM out today, yo!).

I left DD with a whopping 4 minutes to power walk 7 city blocks.. and did pretty good, granted I only got here two minutes late.

Naturally, my hair was a mess. And naturally, I forgot my brush at home.

So I went to the kitchen and grabbed myself a dinglehopper, a la The Little Mermaid.


Yes, a fork.

Sadly, this is not the first time I've used said utensil as a brush. Not so sadly, this is an excellent way to tame your hairs.

I actually think dinglehopper would be an awesome insult word. Like "Why would you do that?! You're such a dinglehopper!". I'm not sure what the exact connotation should be, but I think it works.

Just thought you guys should know.

And sorry for today's randomness ;)

PS. Oh right... Happy Valentine's Day!! Scot and I pretty much boycott the holiday, but that doesn't mean I don't still love me some red and pink heart shaped everything! How are you celebrating, if at all?!

A little Philly Love for you!

9 comments:

Jumble Mash said...

HAHA! I never thought to use a fork! Seriously. Thanks!

Meg O. said...

I wish I could just go to DD's. The closest one to me is at least 30 minutes away. They don't have enough of them here in TX! Brilliant idea using a dinglehopper as a hair brush. You rock my world. Hilarious.

StephanieC said...

See, I would resort to a messy, unprofessional half-arsed semi-bun wrapped in an elastic.

I'm high class, yo!

Normally I am with you on the boycott, but we are going out tonight, since BF's been travelling so much lately.

Have yourself a lovely day, girl!

Lola! said...

I love that you used a DingleHopper! haha! I dont care for this holiday much, it's too cheesey for me but we celebrate anyways! Not sure what we are doing since we went out for dinner last night and rented a few movies.

HAPPY VD!

kelsey@mintedlife said...

I love any Little Mermaid reference! i've never tried to though, I'm afraid my hair is too tangly and would break a plastic fork.

jacin {lovely little details} said...

you want thingamabobs? i've got twenty :)

the only thing that makes me sad in this post is that we don't have D&D in san francisco. please send me a strawberry frosted donut :)

Cole said...

Little Mermaid is my favorite! I think my hair would be frizztastic if I brushed it with a dinglehopper.

Happy Valentine's Day, darling!

Jessica said...

I've totally used a fork before, sometimes ya gotta do what you gotta do.

Yay for the warm weather! We're staying in tonight, thankfully, I've waitressed on too many crazy Valentine's nights to want to go out. LOL!

Courtney said...

Haha! That's hilarious! ;)