Friday, February 04, 2011

Vlog Friday, 4th edition

First off, I want to say a big thank you to all of you, especially for bearing with me and my mope-itude yesterday, and all your kind words of encouragement. It seriously means so much to me, and I feel so lucky to have such awesome readers and followers.

Secondly, I'm sorry this is so late today.. Vimeo took about a bajillion hours to "convert" my vlog. Dumb.

Anyhoo.. this week's question was: What's the best piece of advice you've ever received? See my take of it below!!


And be sure to check out some other fantabulous vlog Friday participants like Folly Life, Adventures in Love and Happiness, Marsh Mellow Goodness!

6 comments:

Amy said...

I met Stewart at the exact same spot in my life. Different year - but the same stage - I was totally okay with myself and being alone...and I knew I was with a guy that was meant to be with me.

Courtney said...

Great advice! I love it! :)

The same thing happend with me! I had always been dating someone or was with someone from about 14-18 and I finally stopped looking and was happy with just being single when my now boyfriend came along! He showed up in my life without my expecting it and now we've been together for 2 years on Valentines Day and I like to say he's "the one"! :)

Jessica said...

Wonderful advice! I wish I had someone like you to tell me that about 12 years ago, every middle school girl really needs to hear that they should be themselves and be comfortable in their skin.

PS - You're gorg. :)

Anni said...

Great advice!
R and I have been together for over 6 years, so we were always together through the formative stuff - going to college, living on our own, etc. I don't think our relationship would have been nearly as healthy if we didn't take time to hang out with separate groups of friends, our respective roommates, etc. Even now, living together, we make sure to see other friends, spend time apart, and I'm grateful that we do that. It's nice to check in with just "me" sometimes.

Cole said...

Great advice! I definitely found my happy place when & where I least expected it. I came back home to recover, reconnected with high school friends, started hanging out with Jus & 4 years later we're married!

StephanieC said...

I have never been comfortable being alone - I guess it's part and parcel with my co-dependent personality.

That being said, after a string of horrendous dates, and returning to college for a second career, I decided I didn't want to look anymore.

And that was when my online friend became my boyfriend. It happened once I finally stopped trying so hard.

So I agree with you 100%. Bang on, wicked advice.

Sometimes it's hard to see it when you are in the thick of desperation or loneliness, but it's true.

:-)