Thursday, January 06, 2011

I've just seen a face

Christmas this year was a pretty big family affair. For a couple of days, there were 12 of us staying at my future in-laws place (this is huge to me since Christmas has always been with my mom and/or my dad and stepmom.. that's it). The count included us, Scot's parents, his sis and bro-in-law, their two kids, and my mom, her hubby, and his two kids.

((You have no idea how awesome it was to have my mom there this year!! I'm also stoked at how great my family and Scot's family get along.))

Anyhoot. Mom's hubby, JCC, is a fantastic musician. I may have mentioned this before, but he literally does it all and was/is in an amazing band. His son/my step-bro CJ is also incredibly gifted musically and currently in a band that is doing pretty well for themselves.

So for Christmas, my future niece Syd got a 3/4 sized guitar. The girl already plays (and is extremely proficient at) drums, piano and violin. She got the guitar along with the promise of lessons starting the following week, and I have no doubt she'll kick major butt at it.

She could be a mariachi!

CJ caught wind of this when he arrived with my side of the family later that night, and the next day decided to check out the guitar. Syd was extremely intrigued, and so began her first "lesson".


It was seriously the cutest thing ever, and Syd was even picking up certain chords on her own, without CJ's help. I'm surrounded by some pretty incredible people, if I do say so myself :) And I do.

The best part of all this, though, was when CJ played Syd's guitar and JCC sang along to one of my favorite songs.. this probably ranks as my most favorite moment of our vacation. Check it out!

I've Just Seen A Face from Stephanie C on Vimeo.

7 comments:

Lindsey A. said...

Wow! He's amazing! Looks like you had a great Christmas.

Amy said...

I LOVE LOVE the Beatles. Across the Universe... ahhhhh <3 (the movie).

SO GREAT!

We really are long lost twins.

Jumble Mash said...

He is awesome!! I admire anyone that can play an instrument. I dabble with the bass and and guitar, and I'm pretty terrible at it, but the songs I do know are perfect because I play them over and over and over. It's so much fun when my friend comes over and we play together.

Anni said...

Wow, he's really good! I love the Beatles, and that's an awesome rendition.

Jessica said...

He is freaking amazing!

Christina said...

CJ is so talented! Glad you had a nice Christmas :) Thanks for stopping by my blog, btw!

FreeFlying said...

That's so cool that your families can hang out. Our families couldn't be more separate. My parents are in TN. Isaac's dad in Jersey. His mom in AZ. And his sister and nephew in WA. We just opted out and stayed home alone this year.