First up: new haircut!!!
For those of you who don't know, my hair has been looking like this as of late:
Semi-decent picture due to fluffy hair.
Long, limp, nonexistant "bangs", etcetc. This is the longest I've had my hair in years, and while I like it, it just weighs down the roots and I look like I have helmet hair when I just wear it all down - flat and the top and a bit fluffier at the bottom. Not cute. Products work for about five minutes then just end up making my hair all gunky and gross. So my solution was to chop it up and massively layer it, while still maintaining some of the length.
I brought in this picture for my stylist to use as inspiration:
Hayley Williams from Paramore
And ended up , rather pleasantly, with this:
It's pretty much exactly what I wanted, and really easy to style. Success!
Second: a new winter coat! Let's forget for a minute that it is going to be 80 degrees in DC this week. It is late October and my old coat was getting all ratty and I got this one on a super sale from Victoria's Secret.
Military style in the front with lace up details on the back. Simple yet stylish. Love.
Third: new booties! As in shoes, not my badonk-a-donk.
A little preamble: Kelly (of kjpugs fame) and I swapped gift cards a few weeks ago.. I gave her $100 to Victoria's Secret so she could get some fantastic Uggs, and she gave me her $100 gift card to Macy's, with which I bought some eye cream from Clinique (that came with a free goodie bag, score!):
And these sassy booties:
To me, they are the perfect winter bootie. Soft black suede, moderate heel height and width, go with all my jeans and dress pants, and stylish to boot (pun intended). Scot saw them and immediately said, "Don't you have a pair just like those?"
Well, if consider these to be the same thing:
Which they are NOT. Totally different. The second ones are leather, open toe for summer, and triangle heeled. Totally. Different.
But in guy world, I guess I see his point.
So that's it! A few new things for fall/winter. Are you guys as excited to bust out the coats and boots and scarves and hats as I am??




7 comments:
I am SO excited. I love scarfs and cuddly coats :)
and, I totally loved 10th Kingdom, kinda want to watch it again, but maybe in smaller doses this time ;)
LOVE the hair!!! And dude, you kind of totally look like Haley Williams. Love the boots, love the coat and loved hanging out on Friday. We must do it again soon!!
Love the haircut. And the shoes.
My favorite part about fall and winter is the clothes. I think I have about ten winter jackets just because they are freakin' cute.
Cute hair, coat, and booties! I love to shop!!!!!!!!!!!!
ow ow love the hair!!
Thanks guys!! =D
YAY I'm glad this worked out!!!!! The boots are adorable. And your haircut looks AWESOME! You actually look a lot like that girl!
Post a Comment