Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Headlights

Ok, this one is for all you ladies.

Yesterday was the second time in probably six months that I had to go out during lunch and buy a new undergarment to change into ASAP. Why you ask? Well, when one gets dressed at 6:45am in a new, as of yet unworn dress and has not yet tested her own undergarments with said dress, disaster can ensue. In the form of a convertible bra with VERY NOTICEABLE lines under a white V-neck spaghetti strap dress. No, I am not one of those lucky girls who can get away with not wearing anything under the dress. And quite frankly, unless you are an A cup, no one should try to pull of that look. Trust me, it looks tacky to everyone else.

One of my biggest pet peeves is women wearing clothes with the wrong undergarments.


I mean, really?? A regular bra with a tube top?!! It amazes me how some people walk out of the house some days. I'm not trying to be a bitch, but with all the options out there and all the choices of tops, I think you could have made a much better decision. I don't really mind the whole bra strap-showing under a tanktop thing because that seems to be the new style nowadays, but the blatant disregard for a proper bra (or underwear!) is silly to me.

So here's my issue: I bought the elusive "100-way Bra" from VS a while back, thinking that this could possibly be the best invention ever. Major fail. First off, you cannot wear this thing strapless, as it has less than no support up top unlike most strapless bras. Second, I hate clear, see-through straps but for some reason yesterday morning, thought that clear straps would work just great. Yet another major fail. Third, the bra cups do not by any means lie flat against the tatas. The kicker is that I knew this all beforehand but thought maybe, just maybe, it would be different this time. Another major fail.

Where I work, I have to be presentable. And for the most part I was yesterday, once I put on a bulky sweater over my dress. I dashed to Macy's at lunch, braving the 95 degree weather in a sweater until I could get my hands on a proper fitting, white bra. Which surprisingly looked fine and much better than those icky clear straps. So crises averted, and "now I know." Note to self: Try on dresses with proper accessories before you leave the house in them.

My other reason to go Macy's during the workday for undergarments? I wore a cute dress that I had only ever worn out at nighttime. Long story short, it's see-through when it's light and sunny out. Go figure. Major slip-age needed. Another note: try dresses on in both dark and light settings.

I hate being a fashion faux-pas!

No comments: