Saturday, August 06, 2011

Brush n' Blush

Way back in February, I convinced a few of my girlfriends to get a Living Social deal for this fun little place in DC called Brush N' Blush; you basically go and paint and drink wine. Um, hells yes!

Life inevitably got kind of hectic and we kind of forgot about it until I got an email a few weeks ago saying that our deal was going to expire on August 11. How the heck did August get here that fast?! Last time I checked, it was still May. Seriously - summer's almost over.. so weird.

Anyway! We frantically tried to find a day that worked for everyone and one that I could bounce out of work early to make the 7pm class. We also needed to find a day that had a good "paint topic", since the layout of the class is to basically replicate that night's chosen painting. In other words, we'd all be painting the same thing.

Lo and behold, the one night that worked for all of us was.... are you ready for it....?


Cherry blossoms!! It was fate.

I can't even tell you how much fun this was. There's a teacher that guides you through, step by step, so everyone ends up with a relatively similar painting at the end. You bring your own wine and snacks, so everything might start getting a little fuzzy, but that's ok - artistic expression exists for a reason, people!

So we went in, suited up, got our paints, and claimed a table.




The wine and snacks were busted out immediately, of course.


We snuck in a bottle SkinnyGirl too, since no liquor is technically allowed ;)

Then we got to painting!

Are you impressed with my mad sky skillz?



You can see some sneak peaks above, but here's our final results:






Class photo!
And yes, some go-getter painted their background a different color. #overachiever

And of course, we celebrated with a whipped cream pineapple shot afterwards.

Have you tried that stuff? So good!

It was the perfect girl's night out, and if you live in the DC area? Hit that place up! We might make it a sort of regular thing.. thank goodness I'm moving into a house with LOTS of wall room to hang things... muahahaha.

6 comments:

Hannah said...

Love that it was cherry blossoms! That is totally fate! I think your painting will look beautiful in your new house!

What a fun night - I hope to get my ladies together to do this soon!

Amy said...

Looks like a really fun time!!! I love the paintings you did!

Meg O. said...

I have ALWAYS wanted to go to a place like this! I know there are a few around here in Houston. After Baby O is born, I'm totally going! Love the cherry blossom painting!

claire said...

OMG HOW FUN IS THAT!!!! I have got to go there.

Jessica said...

I really wish we had a place like this around here!! It sounds like so much fun.

Megan said...

Holy crap this looks like the best thing EVER! Please call me next time you go. I'm soooooooo in. And, please still be my friend if I'm the overachiever who just paints cats all day. :)